- October 7, 2015 – OEKO-TEX®
- May, 2011 – Parents Magazine
- Summer, 2009 – Four Moms Who Use Cloth Diapers – St. Louis Post Dispatch
- Summer, 2009 – A Baby Shower Mother Nature Loves – St. Louis Post Dispatch
- Summer, 2009 – The Consumerist thinks bumGenius is a frugal way to save money!
- Summer, 2009 – The Big Money (Slate Magazine) discusses cloth diapers and interviews Jenn, creator of bumGenius.
- Summer, 2009 – Cookie Magazine declares bumGenius the winner in the “More Convenient Cloth Diaper” category.
- Spring, 2009 – Allison Sweeney was treated to some bumGenius cloth diapers during a baby shower thrown by Pregnancy Magazine!
- Spring, 2009 – Twins Magazine says that bumGenius is a sensible choice for a family with twins.
- Spring, 2009 – Babytalk Magazine road tests eco diapers in their March issue. They love bumGenius!
- Spring, 2009 – Pregnancy & Newborn editor reviews (and loves) bumGenius cloth diapers. bumGenius was also featured in the Personal Shopper section of the March Issue.
- February 27, 2009 – Give Them Roots reviews bumGenius All-In-Ones and bumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers.
- Feburary 11, 2009 – Baby Gear Survival Kit
- February 5, 2009 – The Wall Street Journal writes Can We Swap Our Pampers?
- November 25, 2008 – Mums The Word loves bumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers!
- November 24, 2008 – Celebrity Baby Blog says the bumGenius Organic One-Size Cloth Diapers are as easy to use as disposables.
- November 14, 2008 – bumGenius Wins Best Reusable Nappy in European Mother & Baby Awards!
- October 24, 2008 Plugged In Parents calls the bumGenius Diaper Sprayer a savvy buy!
- August 22, 2008 bumGenius featured by Show Me St. Louis on KSDK, an NBC affiliate television station.
- July 2008 Parenting Magazine mentions the bumGenius Bamboo Fitted Diapers in Kids Health-Going Green
- May 2008 Pure Facts newsletter, published by the Feingold Association of the United States recommends bumGenius in article New Products
- May 2008 Jenn, the creator of bumGenius, was featured in Pregnancy Magazine in an article entitled Moms, Inc.
- April 2008 Pregnancy and Newborn mentions bumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers in Good Mom Gear
- April 25, 2008 Cotton Babies and bumGenius featured in a Ladue News (Ladue, MO) article called The Return of Cloth Diapers?
- April/May 2008- bumGenius All-In-Ones and bumGenius Bamboo Wipes mentioned in Green Editor Favorites in Southern Child.
- February 1, 2008 – A nice review about bumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers and bumGenius All-In-Ones was published by First Impressions Baby.
- January 21, 2008 – Jenn was interviewed for an article about cloth diapers in Time Magazine.
“Diapers Go Green” was writted by Pamela Paul and published in the January 21, 2008 edition of Time Magazine, page 56.
- October 21, 2007 – Mentioned in the Washington Post article entitled Waste Management, page F08.
- October, 2007 – Featured in BabyTV’s Newsletter
- August 2007 – ePregancy Green Shopping Guide features bumGenius
- August 2007 – bumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers and bumGenius Reusable Baby Wipes join the bumGenius All-In-Ones in winning the prestigious iParenting Media Award during their 2007 Oustanding Products Call.
- July 2007 – Featured in Pregnancy Magazine
- May 2007 – Feature article about bumGenius and cloth diapers in The Capital Times, Madison, Wisconsin.
- April 2007 – Mentioned as a major cloth diapering brand by Consumer Reports in an article about cloth diapers.
- March 2007 – Featured in Parents Magazine, Green Guide
- March 2007 – Featured by The G Living Network.
- February 2007 – Featured in Kiwi Magazine, Kiwi Baby Shower
- Spring 2007 – Featured in Expectant Mother’s Guide (St. Louis, MO edition)
- January 2007 – bumGenius to be available through Whole Foods Market.
- January 2007 – bumGenius products reviewed by Celebrity Baby Blog!
- October 2006 – Mentioned in Woman’s World
- October 2006 – Featured in Earshaw’s Review, Vendor News
- August/September 2006 – Featured in Baby & Children’s Product News, For Baby & Mom
- bumGenius! All-In-Ones have recently been awarded the prestigious iParenting Media Award!
- bumGenius! All-In-Ones were hand-selected from thousands of products by an executive review committee for iParenting’s weekly newsletter to 100,000 pregnant women.
- September 2006 – Urban Baby Runway reviews bumGenius! with 4.5 stars!
- Behind The Diapers – Jenn Labit – by Kathy Yu of Diaper Pin, the #1 Google-ranked cloth diaper website.
- Bum Genius Diapers Rock an eBay Guide for bumGenius! written by a manufacturing engineer
for a leading U.S. manufacturer of premium brand disposable diapers.
For more information contact email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cotton Babies® Awarded OEKO-TEX® Certification for Cloth Diapers
Greensboro, NC—October 7, 2015—The International OEKO-TEX® Association announces that Cotton Babies, a leading manufacturer and retailer of cloth diapers and other natural parenting products, has been awarded its OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification. This voluntary, third party certification indicates that Cotton Babies diapers have been tested according to the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 requirements that they not contain harmful levels of a multitude of chemicals. The OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 covers more than 300 chemicals considered to be dangerous to a baby’s health such as residual pesticides, carcinogenic dyestuffs, phthalates, lead, heavy metals, and formaldehyde. The OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 reflects the latest advances in textile chemistry, up to date medical knowledge, and the current state of textile product safety regulations such as the US CPSC’s Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA).
“The OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification independently reinforces our quality control program and confirms that our award winning cloth diaper products are the best for parents who are looking for natural products for their babies,” says Jennifer Labit, founder and CEO of Cotton Babies. “In our mission to encourage families to choose cloth diapers in order to prevent waste, save money, and control what is touching their babies’ skin, the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification is yet another point that validates our cloth diapers as a safe, smart, and responsible choice.”
“Textile product safety is a prime concern for parents these days, especially with regard to diapers which are in very close and prolonged contact with a baby’s sensitive skin,” says Ben Mead who represents OEKO-TEX® in the US. “The OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification reassures parents that Cotton Babies cloth diapers have been stringently tested for a long list of concerning substances. We are pleased to work with this exemplary company and support their commitment to providing safe and sustainable products for their customers.”
Cotton Babies cloth diaper products have been certified according to the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 at the Class 1 level, the most rigorous certification designed specifically for newborns through toddlers up to the age of three. In addition to testing for harmful chemicals at the strictest limit values, OEKO-TEX® also tests for color fastness to ensure that dyes don’t dissolve in a baby’s mouth or rub off onto a baby’s skin.
Cotton Babies will be exhibiting at the upcoming ABC Kids Expo, October 18-21 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall Level 1 – 1849.
To learn more about the portfolio of OEKO-TEX® certification systems and tools for textile manufacturers, brands, and retailers, or to see a listing of other OEKO-TEX® certified products and facilities, visit www.OEKO-TEX.com.
More about OEKO-TEX®
The International OEKO-TEX® Association, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, was founded in 1992 by the Austrian Textile Research Institute and the German Hohenstein Research Institutes. Currently, its membership includes 16 independent textile research and testing institutes with 52 offices and representation in 60 countries. To date, more than 150,000 OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certificates have been issued—with more than 13,300 issued per year—and 10,000 manufacturers, brands, and retailers in 98 countries are working with OEKO-TEX® to ensure that their products are tested for potentially harmful substances. Now available are the STeP by OEKO-TEX® certification for sustainable textile product manufacturing facilities, the MySTeP by OEKO-TEX® database management tool, and the Made in Green by OEKO-TEX® label for OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified products produced in accordance with OEKO-TEX® guidelines. OEKO-TEX® certified products and suppliers can be located in the OEKO-TEX® Online Buying Guide. www.OEKO-TEX.com. Connect with OEKO-TEX® on Facebook.
About Cotton Babies
Calling Fenton, MO home, Cotton Babies is a privately held market leader in the juvenile product industry and a diverse retailer, offering cloth diapers and a wealth of other products designed to make parenting easy. Cotton Babies is a socially active organization supporting outreach and diaper grant programs for financially underprivileged families. CEO Jennifer Labit is a founding chair of the Real Diaper Industry Association for manufacturers, retailers, diaper services, health care providers, and other parties interested in supporting the cloth diaper market. Cotton Babies products are sold on CottonBabies.com and through independent juvenile products stores and major retailers. Cotton Babies diaper brands include bumGenius, Flip, and Econobum. Find Cotton Babies on Facebook, Pinterest, and the OEKO-TEX® Buying Guide. www.CottonBabies.com, @cottonbabies